Insya Allah I will handle the above program which to be organized by the Islamic Banking and Finance Institute of Malaysia (IBFIM) on 21/1/2009. The program will discuss the function of treasury and Islamic money market and Shariah requirements relating to both activities. At the end of the program, participants should be able to:
- Understand basic operation of Islamic money market
- Understand the roles and application of FOREX in Islamic banking
- Appreciate Shariah issues and tolerance in the operation of FOREX and Islamic money market.
The fee for the workshop is only RM480/ USD180
Apart from other speakers, I will cover the following in the program:
- Shariah requirements under Islamic finance
- Permissible contracts under currency trading
- Prohibitions in currency trading
- Shariah tolerance in FOREX operation – difference in practice
For further details, you may download the pamphlet from http://www.ibfim.com/images/2009Training/PDF/forex-new.pdf.